Shatavari Kalpa is an ancient ayurvedic concoction of shatavari and elaichi that not only enhances the production of breast milk but also reduces pain, fatigue and general weakness in the mother. It bestows energy and overall nourishment to the new mom and effectively balances the Pitta and Vata doshas. Apart from the new mom, this formulation can also be taken by women of all ages to improve immunity and stamina during their menstruation, postnatal period and also during pregnancy.
- Each 10 gm of the formulation contains:
- 4 g Shatavari – Asparagus racemosus root
- 0.05 g Elaichi/ Cardamom – Ela Elettaria cardamomum
- 5.95 g Sharkara or Sugar
1. Wash both elaichi and shatavari under running water.
2. Keep it under the sun for 4-5 days until all the moisture content gets removed.
3. Grind both of them together into a powder.
4. Pass the powdered herbs through sieve no.100 to get a fine mixture.
5. Melt sugar in a large bottom vessel.
6. Add the powdered herbs to it.
7. Mix thoroughly.
8. Allow it to cool and then roll them into small granules.
9. Dry the granules completely.
10. Store in a container in a cool dry place for future use.
One thought on “Shatavari Kalpa”
Comments are closed.