Taking 12 grams Ashwagandha Powder with milk, Ghee, sesame oil or lukewarm water for 15 days is called Ashwagandha Rasayana, according to Ashtanga Hridaya. The main purpose of using Ashwagandha Rasayana is to strengthen the body. It provides all benefits of Ashwagandha Powder.
Overall, Ashwagandha Rasayana increases physical strength, stamina, vigor, vitality and physical endurance capacity. It also reduces fatigue, laziness, and feeling of loss of energy. In ancient texts, it is only indicated for 15 days, but still, it can increase your body weight by 1 to 3 Kg, especially in people with Kapha Body Type. Its effects on body weight vary person-to-person. In some cases, individuals might not gain weight.
|Ashwagandha Powder||12 grams|
|Adjuvant (any one of milk, Ghee, sesame oil or lukewarm water)||Q.S.|
|Reference: Ashtanga Hridaya Samhita, Uttar Sansthana, Chapter 39, Rasayana Vidhir, Ashwagandha Rasayana, Verse 147|
How to Take Ashwagandha Rasayana
- Procure a good quality of Ashwagandha Powder.
- Measure 12 grams powder of Ashwagandha.
- Select the best adjuvant that you can easily digest. In most cases, Milk is a suitable and well-tolerated adjuvant. If you are Vata Prakriti, then Sesame Oil is best. If you are Pitta Prakriti, then Ghee should be best. If you are Kapha Prakriti, warm water should be the best
- In another way, if you have a thin body, then Milk should be the best If you have an average body type or overweight or obese, then warm water is the best adjuvant for you.
- If Ghee or sesame oil is being used as an adjuvant, then mix Ashwagandha Powder in it and eat it.
- If milk or warm water is being used as an adjuvant, then you can eat the Ashwagandha powder along with a glass of milk or warm water.
When should I take Ashwagandha Rasayana?
You should take Ashwagandha Rasayana on an empty stomach in the morning for best results.
Ashwagandha Rasayana has the following medicinal properties:
- Cognitive enhancer
- Immunity enhancer
Benefits of Ashwagandha Rasayana
Ashwagandha Rasayana provides the following benefits:
- Strengthens the body
- Improves mood and reduces stress
- Reduces oxidative stress and level of oxygen reactive molecules in the blood
- Improves physical endurance capacity
- Improves brain functions and cognitive functions
- Exerts anti-inflammatory action and prevents inflammatory diseases and arthritis
- Helps to gain weight
- Improves libido and male performance
- Boots non-specific immunity and helps to prevent several diseases
- Delays aging and improves muscle strength
Here are a few questions that might be in your mind.
I am obese or overweight. Can I take Ashwagandha Rasayana?
Absolutely, you can take Ashwagandha Rasyana if you are feeling weakness, loss of energy and fatigue. However, it is likely to increase body weight, so you should be aware of this.
Can I use Ashwagandha Rasayana more than 15 days?
15 days use of Ashwagandha Rasayana is sufficient for getting benefits listed in this article. For 15 days, it is used in its highest dosage, so using it more than 15 days will not be considered as best.
If you want to use it again, then you should keep at least 3 months gap between two courses of 15 days with Ashwagandha Rasayana.
Generally, one can use it every year for 15 days for getting maximum health benefits and preventing several diseases.